Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finally watched...

The Doors.  Will be doing a fashion post on it soon.
Not a masterpiece - but Val's performance is pretty close - for realz, I'm in love with the guy but I kept forgetting it was him and not Jim Morrison.  Oh and Crispin Glover's 2 minute part as Andy Warhol is worth the price of admission - RIDICULOUS.  If only it had been directed by someone whose actually a fan of music and not you know...insane in the membrane.

My favorite Doors songs:
Love Her Madly
Been Down So Long
Five To One
Whiskey Bar/Alabama Song (HAHA they didn't write it)
Break On Through

Now I'm going to be honest here, I don't think Jim Morrison was a genius. OH MY GOD WHAT?  No I just don't.  I think The Doors are fantastic but owe it all to 1) Jim's voice 2) Their killer music and playing skills 3) Ray Manzarek 4) The time they came out in and 5) Jim's face
In my humble opinion - Jim could have been singing the phone book (and some nights he practically was) and you would have had the same reaction. 
Do I have to hand it my Rock & Roll fan club membership card?  I sure hope not, because if The Doors were playing around the corner - I'd do whatever I could to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment