Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Ah well . . . wand still in your jeans? Both buttocks still on? Okay, let's go. Locomotor Trunk."

For about two weeks now I've been working on a Fashion story based off of the Harry Potter books.  I like to put fake photoshoots or look boards together so that I can get a better idea of what I'm going to have to do in school and get a better idea of where my skill level is right now.
I decided that although I'll probably never get something this perfect in the real world, I might as well have some fun while I still have the chance.
     Characters include:
              The Trio (Harry, Ron, and Hermione)
              Luna Lovegood
              Rita Skeeter
              Rubeus Hagrid
              Dolores Umbridge
              Quidditch Players
              Cornelius Fudge (Minister of Magic)
              Bellatrix Lestrange

I was originally going to start asking around about more characters but I've gotten far enough into collecting things and researching that I don't think I want to add another to the mix. 
What do I have to do for this little project?  Well, I have to take what I know about each of these characters and channel that into finding clothes that suit their personalities.  I don't want this to be a bunch of copy and paste from the movies so while they are something to fall back on, I'm really relying on  my knowledge of the books and my love of the characters.  For the male characters, I am creating looks for men and women, but mostly women, since this would be (in a perfect world) in a womens magazines. 
Right now I'm going through model databases and finding models to "play" each part.

I'm really excited to go through with this.  I cannot wait to see what it's like when I'm done.  It'll probably be in book for as opposed to on boards, just because I really want a lot of looks and it would be atleast 8 boards to show college folk.  YIKES.

for right now I'll leave you with one of my favorite looks
  
Umbridge never looked so fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment